Ring Wired Doorbell & DETA A/C 220 Volts ~ 50hz

So I have recently bought a ring doorbell. I’m not fussed about the chime working as will use the amazon echo dot’s however looking into the powered box for the chime I cannot see where to install the bypass wire?

Its a DETA C3500A Saying A/C 220 -240 Volts~50Hz. And from inside there is a AC 230v and a Bell Push area. I’ve attached a photo and seeing if anyone can shed any light to I can power up the Ring Doorbell Wired. Thanks in advance.

The Deta chimes aren’t compatible with any smart doorbell. Easiest option is to replace it with a Byron 776 chime, which is a pretty much drop in replacement, and minimal wiring needed (but it is mains voltage so be careful)

1 Like

Hi…I know this is a very old topic/question but…I’m hoping that someone can answer this stupid question I have on the Deta C3500 chime in the picture.

I have a c3504 (almost identical) but I am struggling to get the existing wires (mains and bell) removed from the chime itself.

They are held in by the same ‘orange plastic tabs’ but I cannot easily get them released.

I’ve tried pushing, pulling & twisting them various ways but I haven’t got the knack and I don’t want to force them and break them completely…just in case I ever need to put this until back on the wall.

Can someone tell me EXACTLY how to release these orange tabs/clamps please?

Hi @Elmeck. I found this video on YouTube and it provides a great visual. I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.