Ring Wired, bypass chime on GROTHE 196 TR

Really struggling to set my ring wired doorbell up, physically it’s installed on door frame, fuse box is off for doorbell.
When I take the cover off my chime, there are three wires, labelled as 1, 2 & 3.
Every instruction I’ve found is for F, R &T.
Where does the jumper cable go?
It looks like a very thin wire goes from the terminals in 2 & 3 into the solenoid that strikes the chime bars.
The terminals 1 & 2 have a wire going into them. 1 is blue and white, 2 is red and white.
Not sure where the jumper cable goes!

Hi @Rich_Chris. Try looking over this Installation Guide here. This has all the information on installing the Doorbell Wired and a great video showing you exactly where the Jumper Cable is installed.

Thanks, generic video doesn’t help, I’ve viewed it a number of times which has led to me make the initial post.

What you need to try and find is which of the 2 terminals are outputting the power from the transformer. Looking at the diagram, I think its 0 and 2 - so moving the orange wire over should bypass the chime.

1 Like

Hi

I have been struggling to understand where would the jumper go to bypass the transformer to install ring wired door bell, if someone can help will be appreciated.

Thanks

So, I found this whilst trying to install my ring wired doorbell. I spent hours trying to find a place that tells you exactly but I couldn’t find it anywhere. Everyone blog, a ring advisor gives a generic response that helps no one and then doesn’t reply. I took a gamble because of something I read somewhere about something else and it somehow worked. Anyway, the way I did it was…

On the picture, there are two little wires going down from screw to the bell through those little gaps in the black plastic. It’s those two. You want the power going through, the untouched one, but you need the bell to stop being a bell. The two, one being the ‘ding’ and the other being the ‘dong’ will be lost and all power goes to the ring doorbell and that should make it work.

I hope this helps you future people, if this does infact help you and it works, make sure you pay it forward in some way. Maybe buy a take away for the family so you can use it for the first time, maybe give a compliment to someone who hasn’t asked for it, or maybe go back after you find the way to fix something to help out others in need. Either way, I’ve gone out my way for you so you can do a small thing for someone else. Anyway, I’ve finished the installation and I’ve finished this essay on the toilet and it’s time to stand up and feel my legs again. Happy spying