Ring WiFi connection

I have had my ring spotlight cam for about 6 months or so, quite impressed with it but I have to say unless it 2 meters or under from the router it’s next to useless. Ring need to address this issue, my WiFi is pretty good and I use various different devices and there is no issues whatsoever. Only the spotlight cam has intermittent problems. The camera is 2 meters from the router and the RSSI is usually between 60 to 65, very poor.

I recently purchased the outdoor spotlight security camera and am also having wifi connectivity issues.

The camera is located outside approx. 20 feet from a cisco re1000 wireless range extender.

My cell phone has a very weak wireless radio but shows full connectivity and works flawlessly on wifi network at the camera location.

The camera will work OK following a camera reboot but will loose the wifi connection within a day and require a reboot to reconnect.

Would think a product avertised as wireless/outdoor would have no issues with connectivity 20 feet from an access point that other wireless devices can connect and communicate.

Just attempted to contact ring chat support but it’s unavailable.

Getting nervous I wasted money on the camera, solar panel and range extender (along with their lighted outdoor sign… which also does not work).

I too have the same problem with 3 of my floodlight cameras. I bought them in March 20’. They need to be replaced under warranty. They worked fined for about 3-4 months. I even added a Netgear repeater to help out but to no avail. Most of the time after I reset, I can’t even join to the actual floodlight wifi locally to choose my wifi for the house.

Hey neighbors! For Live View concerns, a great place to start is our Community Post on RSSI here, which can cause connectivity and Live View problems. Improving the signal strength your Ring Camera is receiving should help this. If you’re unable to find a solution from that post, it would be best for you to contact our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to work with you and help resolve your connectivity concerns. . If you are outside of the US, you can see how to contact support here. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Floodlight Connectivity problem