ring video motion detection does not work

hello, I installed a second generation a ring video bell but not working properly! the video motion alert does not detect any movements! works only video recording when the bell is pushed. my other ring (older version, works well everything) just the back door ring device does not work with the motion detection! please advise thanks

I am having the same issue! I have a Ring Doorbell 2. The Live View works, and the video works when the doorbell is pushed. However, no motion is detected. I have had people walk up and down the ramp, go up steps, and wave their hand in front of the doorbell, but nothing is detected. I have checked and rechecked my motion settings and my internet connection. I am at a lose as to what to do now.

Sorry to hear about this neighbors! As long as your motion settings are configured as desired in the Ring app and motion alerts are not being disabled due to motion schedule, snooze, or modes, you should be getting alerts. Even if alerts were not received, you should at least be seeing motion events recorded in your recording history, if subscribed.

If absolutely not motion events are being detected despite settings, please reset your Video Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, please reconnect your device to wifi in the Ring app and test motion. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have tried this and it still does not detect motion. I attempted to try again just now and still no motion was detected.

Hi @nadine! If motion is still not detecting despite resetting the Doorbell and confirming it is connected to wifi, this concern may require more in depth troubleshooting. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am having this issue as well - did you ever get it resolved? My Ring Doorbell Pro stopped recording/alerting on motion after August 11th. I have not touched any of the settings or motion zones for this behavior to change. I have also reset the doorbell. What a shame as I’ve had this product for a few years and it has been working flawlessly until now.