Ring Video Doorbell Wired seems to keep getting into a bootloop

I purchased and installed my video doorbell wired before leaving for vacation. It seemed to work fine. While gone, I had someone at my door. I tried talking to them and lost connection and couldn’t regain it. The person housesitting told me that the doorbell kept ringing every 8 seconds or so. I explained to her how to reset it and decided to leave it until I got home.

I am now home and can get the doorbell set up, but every time I try to access it live through the app it loses connection and seems to get into a bootloop. The ring light repeatedly flashes blue, I hear a click from the doorbell and what sounds like a startup chime. This also rings my mechanical doorbell chime. Then it starts over again, click then startup sound and chime from the mechanical doorbell.

My device health power says good 13V. The signal strength is green and says RSSI-53. Firmware is up to date.

I am wondering if my product is defective. The problem is I do not have any of the packaging because I threw it away before I left for vacation a few weeks ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi @bruteye. Do you have the Jumper Cable installed correctly? The Doorbell wired is designed to bypass your internal chime kit and you should not hear ringing when the doorbell is pressed. I’d advise disconnecting power to the Doorbell until you can verify the Jumper Cable is installed.

I do have the jumper installed

Hi @bruteye. Thank you for providing that picture. From what I can see, your Jumper Cable is installed correctly. It also looks like you have a rear doorbell circuit. Have you verified that the Doorbell Wired is connected to the front circuit? If this isn’t the case, I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this deeper, as this is not normal behavior for the Doorbell Wired.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi. I’m having a very similar problem right now.

Ring bell stuck in me start up loop, mechanical chime ringing every 8 seconds or so.

It happened when someone rang our back (non smart) doorbell which is hooked up to the same chime.

We bought the wired Ring for the front doorbell because we wanted the mechanical chime to still ring (we don’t alway have stable internet so didn’t want people to not be able to ring the bell if internet was down).

Would be keen to find out if there have been any solutions to this.

Hi @PhilHawkins. If you’ve purchased the Doorbell Wired to be used with your mechanical chime kit, you’ve purchased the incorrect Doorbell. The Doorbell Wired is the only Doorbell that uses a Jumper Cable to bypass your internal chime kit. If you have a different model, you’ll need to go into the Device Settings and adjust your Chime Kit Selection under the General Settings menu.