Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
E
User Solution
Closed
Ring Video Doorbell Wired + Pre-existing Doorbell >> into old transformer
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Hello. First post here. I am installing a Ring Video Doorbell Wired at my parents house for their peace of mind. I have replaced the doorbell button on the front door no problem. They have an old house with an existing doorbell system linked to a mechanical bell, which I would like to keep.

The Ring doorbell activates/boots, but then keeps rebooting every ten seconds or so. When it is stable, then I can get the app to recognise it, but it does not turn white and will not stop flashing blue when I want to connect it.

I think the issue is the transformer. Do I need to use the bypass cable? The transformer box is old and janky. Any ideas as to what to do with it? Would greatly appreciate any help or guidance.

03-01-2024 12:50:10

Responses (3)

E
User Solution

Thank you. I got it working. Left this setup alone, and went to the bell, which I used the bypass cable to bypass. All working fine now. I wish I could still use the old house bell though.

03-01-2024 12:52:46

L

volts should be 16-24

03-01-2024 12:39:02

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

02-02-2024 12:53:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User