Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
Ring video doorbell SLOW!
wireless-security-cameras
security-camera-mount
Ring video doorbell (battery operated) lagging and freezing when someone comes into View, only recording part of the video. I bought a ring chime to help with WiFi issues, that did help I believe with the strength, but it’s still VERY SLOW! And my notifications are also very slow and behind, by the time my notifications hits my phone, the person is already gone! What do I do about this issue! Just got it on Monday (6/21/21)

23-06-2021 05:04:24

Responses (1)

M
Hi there, @AlexisN. Video and notifications concerns can often be resolved through wifi and mobile device troubleshooting. Great call on using a Chime Pro to extend signal. [Here is our Community post about RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) for tips on optimizing this signal further. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device, as well as testing your mobile device wifi connection versus cellular data connection to see if one is better. Depending on your Video Doorbell model, it may be able to connect to 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz wifi, in which the 2.4 Ghz is best for distance. I hope this helps! :)

24-06-2021 05:23:54

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User