Ring Video Doorbell Pro Offline, Dead, Defective

I was very pleased with my Ring Video Doorbell Pro until…

The defective product saga began. The first Video Doorbell Pro worked great for about a year, then the camera got stuck in night vision. I contacted Ring support and after exhausting all troubleshooting options, they gave me a discount on a new Video Doorbell Pro, since the warranty had expired. Video Doorbell Pro #2 worked for about 6-7 months then went completely dead. After what seemed like hours on the phone with support we were able to diagnose that the transformer wasn’t providing enough power. I upgraded the transformer to one with 16vac 30va output. “Compatible with all video doorbells” it said on the box. Since Video Doorbell Pro #2 was still under warranty, Ring sent Video Doorbell Pro #3. After installation, Video Doorbell Pro #3 powered up and entered setup mode, but the Ring app would not join the doorbell’s temporary WiFi network. After another hour-long call with Ring support and exhausting all troubleshooting options, Ring sent refurbished Video Doorbell Pro #4. This refurbished unit powered up, entered setup mode, connected to the temporary WiFi through the app, which then connected to my WiFi network. Video Doorbell Pro #4 worked beautifully ONE TIME (one test ring), then went offline. Now, Video Doorbell Pro #4 powers on but will not enter setup mode. After some web searching I learned that the Video Doorbell Pro has a hidden USB port and an internal battery, which is notorious for failing. Thinking that a dead battery may be the issue, I plugged Video Doorbell Pro #4 into AC power via USB with the same result - a useless product. Needless to say, I am beyond disappointed, and finished with Ring’s defective product.

1 Like

Hi @MZales. I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had the best experience with your Ring devices. Our support team would be the best point of contact for a concern like this, since you have reached out to them before regarding your device. I will mention that it is not recommended to plug anything into the USB port on the back of the Doorbell Pro, so if you do decide to contact our support team regarding your Doorbell, you’ll want to mention that you tried this so they can see if using the USB port may have caused any problems. If you’d like, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.