Ring Video Doorbell Pro Installation

Hi
I have just installed my new Ring Video Doorbell Pro. I have followed the app video instructions, however, I am unable to fully complete installation. I replaced my old doorbell with the Ring, wiring it as instructed. I powered on switch at fuse box, and the white spinning light appears on the doorbell. A few hours later l am still in Setup Mode, with the continuous white spinning light. When I go to WiFi settings on my phone, the ring device is not being displayed. I would really appreciate some help.

Hey @LeoMurray! The next thing I’d check is the transformer age and rating to ensure it is providing enough power to complete a setup on the Doorbell Pro. The wires should also not be too thin as it can cause resistance in the flow of voltage. I recommend also uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If your Doorbell Pro continues to fail setup, please reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in depth troubleshooting.

Hi
Thanks very much for the suggestions, I will try implement them tomorrow and see what happens. A couple of things have come to mind, which may be significant.

1. The wires to the doorbell are quite slight, this may need to be addressed.
  2. I have not installed the transformer that came with the doorbell. Instead I have just went with existing setup, which already contains transformer for my old doorbell. I presumed existing transformer would be ok, now perhaps not?

Hi
I installed the Pro Power Kit, still the same, light spinning on doorbell, and unable to connect Ring Network.
What min WiFi speed is required to run the device?
Also, any suggestions to increase size of wires connected to doorbell. They are quite thin, and could’ve causing resistance?

Thanks
Leo

1 Like

Thanks for the update @LeoMurray! The Doorbell Pro requires a transformer rated for 16V (AC) and 20 volts-amps (VA). If the existing transformer shows a lower rating, it may be best to use the included power supply. As for thin wiring, we recommend using 18 gauge (1.02mm) or something similar in size wiring for optimal power flow. If this concern persists, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in depth troubleshooting. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: