I have a new Ring Video Doorbell Pro purchased in March. It came with the little square power kit. It goes offline and back online several times daily, with no constant time between (no constant time down and no constant frequency). Here’s my history:
- I originally wired it into my mechanical doorbell as per the instructions. Knocker in doorbell was wiggling/buzzing at night as the Doorbell Pro drew power for infrared.
- I upgraded the transformer in the wall to a 30 VAC 16v max transformer that is stated to be compatible with the RDP. Once upgraded, the buzzing mechanical doorbell did not resolve, so i removed it from the connection entirely and just connected the transformer directly to the RDP.
- Since then, the RDP has started the intermittant offline/online. I’ve noticed that at night, the infrared lights will turn off briefly but the camera will stay on.
- I have tried connecting the RDP directly to my WiFi and to a WiFi extender close to the RDP.
- The last time the RDP went down, it would not respond at all to the side button reset. I cut the breaker power to it for a few days and then powered it back on and it reconnected but started the intermittancy again.
Its voltage stays at about 4005 - 4021 mV consistently. Signal strength at about -50. Resolution is always sharp and clear when its online. I’ve even programmed the WiFi extender to reboot twice a day to force it to reconnect to my main WiFi. The intermittant offline/online does not correspond with these times.
This is incredibly frustrating. The fact that the Ring app presents NO logging to me at all, as an IT pro, is moreso. Anyone have any ideas at all? I purchased this after having POSITIVE experiences with two floodlight cams and wanted a reliable security cam at my doorbell.