Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 questions

Hi, I am a happy owner of the original Ring Video Doorbell. I have it hardwired via plug-in outlet and have to manually charge it about once a year due to our bitterly cold winters.

I am thinking about buying the Video Doorbell Pro 2, but just wondering if I will have to manually charge it like my current doorbell or will it stay powered on regardless of the temperature outdoors?

Also, since I don’t have an actual doorbell hardwire setup, does the Doorbell Pro 2 work with the older plastic Ring Chime?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@Tmaz Hi. The Pro 2 is mains powered, it doesn’t need to be charged up. However all electronics do have a operating temperature range. How cold are the winters where you are?

1 Like

Our average temperature in the winter time is -12 degrees Celsius (10.4 degrees Fahrenheit), but we do have many days in the -20’s Celsius (-4 Fahrenheit ). I live in an area that’s weather is very hard to predict, all year round. It’s not uncommon to have -30’s Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) a few times a year, but never for a long stretch.

Good questions, @Tmaz! The recommended operating temperature for the Video Doorbell Pro 2 is
-5°F to 120°F (-20°C to 50°C). As @bemak187 mentioned above, it is powered by voltage through wiring. Check out our Community post for installation guides. In regards to the Ring Chime and Chime Pro devices, these do indeed work with all of our Video Doorbell models. :slight_smile: