Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
User Solution
Closed
Ring Video Doorbell Power Supply
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Hello, I have a Generation 2 Ring Video Doorbell, purchased in XXXX. A little while after purchase, I bought a plug in power supply (not from Ring) whose output was 24V AC. This failed recently and I decided to buy a Ring-made power supply. When I received this I found it’s output was 24V DC. The instructions that came with it indicate that it will work with my doorbell but I note that on the reverse of the doorbell it says it is to be used with a 24V AC supply! I have connected it to the Ring 24VDC supply and it appears to work! I was looking for an indication that it was on mains power and i can see at the top of the doorbell device page there is an icon of a battery (all green) with an electrical “flash” in it. Does this indicate the device is on mains power? Thanks, Jim

31-01-2024 02:51:10

Responses (2)

J
User Solution

Never mind! I’ve found the answer and it does work , and is working, with a DC supply. The confusion & worry due to the warning on the back of the doorbell saying must use 24VAV and Ring supplying a 24V DC supply. Some clarification needed here on the labelling!

31-01-2024 03:18:19

T

Hi @JamesAB. I’m glad you were able to figure this out.

01-02-2024 02:53:43

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

02-03-2024 02:54:37

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User