Ring video doorbell not playing recordings, no live view

Hi! My ring doorbell provided motion notifications but no past events can be viewed. When clicking on the event, a pop up says “A recording does not exist, cloud video recording was not active when this event took place.” Further, neither my phone, nor my wife’s, can connect to the live feed. It just says “activating device” for minutes on end. We do pay for the yearly basic plan that has always included 60 days of recordings. Please help, thanks!

Hey @Kdself. Since it is not showing up that you have the subscription, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can get this sorted out for you, while also ensuring your Live View is working by the end of the call. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue, however, I DO have the subscription already. My camera shows motion notifications but when I click on it, the pop up says “no video found. the video for this event does not exist.”

Hi @DSharp. Do the videos also do this on Ring.com? Are you using Ring edge with the Ring Alarm pro? Which version of the Ring app do you have installed? Try rebooting your internet router and disabling any VPN you may have active on your phone. Let me know if this concern persists.