Ring video doorbell not connecting to WiFi after power cycle

My Ring video doorbell 2 hasn’t been working for the last 3 months and I am just now getting around to a full troubleshoot.

The doorbell disconnected from my WiFi when I shut my power off from my breaker. When I restored power, the doorbell wouldn’t reconnect to my WiFi. No changes to my WiFi had taken place. Doorbell is hardware to a 12v transformer, but I’ve also tried using the battery.

Prior to it ceasing to work, it had a signal strength between -40 to -50db indicating it had sufficient connection strength.

When I go into the app to connect it to my network, everything is fine up to the final step in which the left white lights blink indicating no internet connection. I have tried to reset my router, created a dedicated 2.4 ghz network, and reset the ring device multiple times with no luck on making it work.

My other ring device which is farther from the router works fine.

Thoughts?

Hi @chowee21. Since you have done most of the troubleshooting I would suggest, it will be best for you to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.