Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
C
Ring Video Doorbell - No Night Vision
Ring Video doorbell Night vision will NOT work when connected to existing doorbell circuit. Night vision works fine when I disconenct from circuit and run on batter power so issue is related to how its powered to wired connection

31-08-2020 06:14:51

Responses (1)

C
Hi @canada1r. The night vision shouldn't be impacted by whether or not the Doorbell is hardwired and receiving a trickle charge from the existing doorbell circuit. Would you mind sharing an example of the night vision not working? I'd like to take a look and see what you're seeing on your end.

02-09-2020 06:20:37

C
ok I took 2 pictures first is same setup (hardwired) but during night second is with the Ring disconnected from circuit (so on battery) also at night clearly it works ok with battery only and does not have night vision active when hardwired also works fine during day hardwaired but did not send that pic

04-09-2020 11:37:27

C
@canada1r Thank you for sharing those screenshots here. Typically, the night vision will always be active at night, regardless of if the Doorbell is connected to a doorbell circuit or not. It activates the night vision based on how dark it is, as the night vision will not activate if there is sufficient light in the Doorbell's view. For example, if there is a bright porch light on within the Doorbell's view, the night vision may not activate compared to if there is no porch lighting. I'd suggest performing a reset and a new setup of the Doorbell to try and correct this concern. To reset the Doorbell, you'll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that's complete, set the Doorbell up again by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If this doesn't correct the night vision concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). They'll be able to take a closer look at your device and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support. :)

04-09-2020 04:09:11

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User