Can you configure so the Ring Video Doorbell motion sensor will activate the light of a connected Ring Spotlight Camera? If so, how? If my video doorbell detects motion, can it trigger the spotlight camera in the back or side yards to turn on? I know you can create a Light Group of Spotlight Cameras to all turn on if motion is detected by any, but what about the video doorbell?
Hi @mgreen. As mentioned by @SolarEclipse you are able to link your Cameras to your Video Doorbell. Your Cameras can record and activate their lights in response to a Video Doorbell ring or motion. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Ring app
- Select the menu button( three lines, top left).
- Tap Devices
- Select your Video Doorbell.
- Select Linked Devices.
- Choose Motion Detected or Rings.
- Tap on the record or light button for the Camera of your choice.
- Tap Save on the top right side.
I hope this helps!