I’ve had this device a few months. I live in the Chicago burbs (not that Chicago is much colder than the rest of the US)… but read on.
A month ago I called support; the battery was not charging. No problem, they sent me a brand new device to swap it out. After a few days it was very clear the new device was not charging either. Its been two weeks and it’s at 60% with no upward movement towards recharging.
I just got off with support. Well it seems that the spec on the Ring website of "operating temperature of -5f to 120f is misleading. It will NOT charge below 30 degrees (according to support). Kinda wonder why they sent a new device in the first place. it was just as cold in last month as it is now.
So, if you’re noting the not-awesome features of this device.
- Runs on battery, not hardwired power (so when battery gets too low the device stops working.
- Battery will not charge unless “warm”… True charging temp TBD.
- Pre-roll is hit/miss whether it decides to run
- Pre-roll is in black and white
- Pre-roll is very low quality
- Pre-roll has no sound
- I paid a premium to get this device
- Wifi reception is much weaker than the Ring Pro
- If I decided to swap out my old ring doorbell I have two fugly holes hanging out where the 3 plus screwed in.
- Oh yea, and the 3 plus is HUGE.
Ring you should be ashamed putting your name on this device. I have three other devices all working wonderfully.