Ring Video doorbell 3 outer plastic shield

Dear Ring community,

My Ring Video doorbell 3 outer layer of plastic is cracking, and I’m not talking about the changeable faceplate which can be swapped easily, I’m talking about the upper part that surrounds the camera. the device is placed outside obviously and just after less than 2 years now, the whole plastic shielding it is cracked, a bit more and it’ll fall off. is there a way to replace the plastic only? the video doorbell is working fine and no issues with it yet. but it’s concerning to see the plastic peeling off in less than 2 years!

appreciate your help

best regards

Hi @Abdulrahman. With the Ring Doorbell being an outside device and exposed to the elements, it’s not uncommon for some wear to occur. If this wear is impacting the function of your Doorbell, you can contact our support team to go over your options. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

till the moment it’s not affecting the performance, but I’m worried since we are approaching winter, that the rain drops or anything might affect it. Because the plastic shield is literally peeling off.

anyways thanks I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like