Ring Video Doorbell 3 house chime buzzing and burning smell

Ring Video Doorbell 3 Aug 17 2022 at 1:00am this happened to us. Buzzing noise as if the house chime was engaged and horrible burning smell; i removed and it stopped. I reinstalled and no issues so far. If you are not home I don’t know how this ends well. I have not tested our chime without the Ring 3, but, would imagine the traditional chime is fried or damaged, will inspect later today. For everyone’s awareness; this can be reported to www.saferproducts.gov

Hi @spkeegs. I would recommend checking the installation of your Doorbell 3 to make sure it all looks good. You will also want to look into the transformer, making sure it is within the following specs: 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz. It must not be a DC transformer. If you are not comfortable with doing so, we strongly recommend consulting a qualified electrician.

Your safety is our top priority, and our support team is always available to address any safety concerns. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like