Ring Video Doorbell 3 - hardwired now losing battery daily after firmware upgrade

I am just shocked at the number of people complaining about their Ring doorbell causing a fault after the device had its firmware updated.
It’s funny how Ring have decided to close that conversation so I am opening a new one here. I was on the phone to Ring customer support to find out what is going on with my doorbell and they initially claimed it was losing Wi-Fi signals, then they claimed the setup was right so start again and the last one was oh the device is out of warranty and you didn’t opt for the “plus” subscription.
Now after spending many days talking to them, the option I have is a refund of the subscription and a discount from their website on a replacement product.

The original conversation can be seen below, where people have been complaining about their device suddenly draining (after the firmware update). I thought I was doing a good thing by upgrading my firmware, only to realise the mistake afterwards, also there is no way of going back to the old firmware, so the device is no longer able to keep power longer than a day now.

I am not a happy customer :rage::rage::rage:

Hi @MamunAhmed. Topics automatically close after 30 days of inactivity. Additionally, the topic you’ve shared is over 18 months old are there have been a few firmware updates between then and now. If you believe this to be linked to your firmware, I would suggest reaching out to the support team and having them ensure that your on the correct firmware for your model device. Although, at this time, there are no known issues related to any firmware updates. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.