Ring Video Doorbell 2020 Release will not connect to Wifi

I just purchased the Ring Video Doorbell 2020 Release for my new apartment, and I cannot get it to connect to the network. I have setup several Ring products in the past, but never have I been stumped by one like I am with this. I went through the entire setup process and was told that I had successfully connected the doorbell, but when I go on the Ring app to view, it says it is not connected. I tried from scratch, reset the modem and router, etc., with no luck. I called Ring customer service, who proceeded to walk me through the entire setup process one more time, no luck. Her solution was that I need the Ring Chime in order for it to work. Ordered that. When I received it in the mail, I set that up, and it did not fix the problem. Have not called customer service back yet, but I am stumped. I don’t even know what direction to begin looking to solve this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @user2033. It sounds like you are on the right track here. Resetting your network and putting a Chime Pro in place will eliminate most issues. I would try this if you can - try setting up the Doorbell on a Wi-Fi hotspot. If you can successfully connect to the hotspot, then there is something in your network prohibiting the connection. If you cannot connect to the hotspot, then there may be an issue with the Device. Either way, if you contact our support team, be sure to ask to troubleshoot with our level 2 support team, as you’ve already had a call in on this concern before. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.