Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) showing offline on app but is actually connected

My Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) usually has an RSSI of about 62 which is ok. Sometimes it randomly says on the app that the doorbell is offline and has disconnected from the WiFi (this has happened twice now), but it is actually still connected and everything still works except for live view, because the app thinks the doorbell is offline. It still sends notifications when someone presses the button or if motion is detected. It’s just that the app thinks it is offline and hence I can’t use the live view feature. This looks like a bug that has been reported before last year but I’ve had this issue recently in 2022. The only way to get the doorbell showing up as online on the app is by pressing the orange setup button and reconnecting it to WiFi which is super annoying. Please help, thanks.

1 Like

Hi @farbod. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can take here. First, ensure that your Ring app is up to date. Next, you can reset your Doorbell and then reconnect to WiFi. To reset, just press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. Once that is complete, reconnect to WiFi and your Doorbell will do a quick update. Let me know if this is helpful!

Hi @Tom_Ring, as I mentioned in my post, I’ve already done that and it hasn’t helped. It works for a few days and then happens again. Again, the doorbell is indeed connected to WiFi as the ring feature and motion detection alerts all work. But the app thinks it’s offline all of a sudden randomly.

Hi @farbod. Thanks for confirming those steps. Since they didn’t seem to resolve the issue, it might be best for our support team to take a look. They’ll have you go through the basic troubleshooting steps again to create a baseline for analysis, then they’ll be able to dive a little deeper into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.