I have had a Ring Video Doorbell (2020 Release) connected to my existing hardwire doorbell wiring for over one year. Starting yesterday I noticed in the app that the power source was listed as Battery and not Hardwired, as it has been since I installed it. Troubleshooting steps so far:
- Performed a hard reset, then went into Setup Mode - no avail
- Checked the wiring at the rear of the doorbell - connections are good
- Checked AC voltage of the wiring at the rear of the doorbell - measured 16V AC
- Removed the device from the app - no avail
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the app - no avail
When performing Setup, the app states that the doorbell is not receiving power from the power source. I skip this step and finish the Setup manually by going to ‘In-home Chime Settings > Advanced Settings > Chime Type = Mechanical’. Once I do this, pressing the button on the front of the doorbell rings the app and the mechanical chime that is connected via the hardwires. However, the power source still shows as Battery. As I previously mentioned, this just started happening and worked for over one year.
If the doorbell is not receiving power from the power source as the setup states, then why does it ring the mechanical chime?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.