ring video doorbell 2 stopped working completely

my rvd2 was working (mostly) until a week ago when the app last says it was online. the battery was at 10% so i removed and charged fully but now the doorbell does not power on at all it seems. no lights, tones, nothing happens when you press etc.

i have even purchased a second battery and charged that fully assuming that the fault was the battery and that also does not power the doorbell. not sure what else to do or how to get repaired/replaced. ring don’t seem to have a support ticket system.

also why dont i get an email from ring when battery gets low (say sub 20% or 10%) - no way to know the battery is flat until someone visiting tells you. Surely a product like this which is communicating with the cloud constantly could have a low battery warning email… very poor

anyone with any suggestions please?

Hi @peterj83. Thank you for sharing what steps you’ve taken already and how the Doorbell has responded. Have you tried to complete a full reset on the Doorbell yet? If not, I’d definitely suggest giving that a try. To reset the Doorbell, you’ll need to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you can set the Doorbell back up in the Ring App again by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

If the Doorbell is still unresponsive after trying the reset, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look more closely at your device and offer more in-depth support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.