Hi there. I’ve had the RVD2 and I absolutely love this thing… except that it doesn’t charge on my doorbell wiring.
My house had:
- Old school doorbell
- Old school analog chime
- 20v transformer (15VA).
What I’ve done/tried:
- Installed Ring (With 100% charged battery) to old doorbell wiring (RVD2 showed hardwired, but battery level slowly dropped over the weeks)
- Bypassed old chime with the recommended wire-wound resistor in place (RVD2 same symptoms)
- Replaced transformer with the recommended 16V 30VA one. (Same symptoms)
- Verified with multimeter 17VAC at the doorbell. (Only a 0.4VAC drop between transformer and doorbell)
- Charged battery to 100% again to be sure. (Battery level keeps dropping after that)
I’m insure what to try next, so here I am.