Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
K
Ring Video Doorbell 2 Short Circuit
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
Hi Community, I have set up a Ring system in my house, including the video doorbell, cameras, base station, keypad and door sensors. The Ring Video Doorbell 2 was set up to my existing chime, i just removed my old button and replaced it with the Ring. This worked for approximately 6 months. However, a couple weeks ago, my chime suddenly started buzzing incessantly. I could not stop it without physically disconnecting it. I assumed the chime itself was the issue, and ordered a replacement. I installed that replacement, and the issue continues when installing it. I then removed and disconnected my Ring Video Doorbell 2, and the buzzing stopped. When tapping the two power wires at the doorbell together, the chime will buzz, just like when i install them to my Doorbell. Does this mean my Ring Doorbell 2 is short circuited? I made no changes prior to this issue popping up. When the Doorbell 2 is wired in, my chime does NOT stop buzzing. To stop the buzz, i need to either disconnect the chime, or disconnect the Ring Doorbell. Is there anything i can do? Do i need a replacement Ring Doorbell 2? Thanks

10-12-2021 06:59:59

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User