Ring Video Doorbell 2 Misses Motion

Hi.

I have a Ring Video 2 Doorbell and recently it doesn’t register or record motion. Last few days people have been leaving the house and managing to evade the doorbell motion alerts. What would cause this issue as I am not keen on it missing some motion movements?

The battery life is good and the signal is good to Wifi.

Thanks.

Update: I missed a UPS delivery today because the doorbell didnt notify me of movement or UPS ringing the doorbell.

Hey @CallumFox5. Could you please reach out to our support team on this concern? Since this is happening often than not for you, it would be best to follow up with them on this so that you do not have to worry about missing events in front of your home. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share anything new that you discover and what they were able to do for you!

I am having the same problem since last night. I’m staying in front of the camera but it is not detecting me until I leave.

I am having the exact same problem. If it does pick up, its 5-10 seconds after the person has walked away.

I’m yet to ring the support but my biggest issue is that my doorbell doesn’t even register people. People have walked out last few days and no record of them leaving.