Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen) Hard wired connection

I need to change the location of my Doorbell 1st Gen cam.

Don’t want to manuely chargh so i need a parmanent mains power.

1. Can I use the Micro usb socket always connectd to the mains ?

Or need to only connect to the 2 screws ?

1. Any link to a compatible mains adapter from Mains to the Doorblle will be appriciated as. I don’t know what are the Adaptor spec to choose ?

2. What Adaptor spec to choose ? What volts / Ampre to use

Thanks

Hi @Ronen. You can reference this Help Center Article here for steps on how to physically install your Video Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit at your home. The charging cable provided is meant only to charge the internal battery, not to leave it plugged in all the time. Hardwiring the Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit will provide it with a trickle charge to help keep the battery topped off. The Doorbell requires an 8-24 VAC, 50/60Hz transformer, and is not compatible with DC power. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks very much indeed
Can I use the New Plug-In Adapter (for Ring Video Doorbell Pro) with my Doorbell 1st Gen ?

@Ronen Since the Plug-In Adapter is designed for use with the Doorbell Pro, it cannot be used with the Video Doorbell 1st gen. It is only meant for use with the Doorbell Pro.

1 Like

Please pardon my endless confusion here.

I have a Ring Doorbell Gen 1. I purchased a Ring Plug-in Adapter that clearly lists Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell 2, and Ring Video Doorbell Pro in the compatibility list. The instructions for the Ring brand adapter do not mention using a resistor in the circuit. A resistor is mentioned on some but not all the instructions for the Ring Doorbell 1. I now read in prior replies that the Ring Adapter is not(?) compatible with the Ring Doorbell Gen 1?? Which is correct? Attached is a photo of the Ring Doorbell Adapter manual which clearly lists the Ring Video Doorbell as compatible. Which is correct? Is the manual wrong?