This is a new thread I was told to open has i posted in wrong thread apparently
the information below was tested on the 10 August 2019 after Ring released a new firmware update to the ring devices.
Ring Higher tech team recommend using a separate WIFI until a fix is found. which is what I have my ring door bell cam and stickup cam both battery devices on now via Asus router.
okay, so I connected my ring door cam back to the TP-Link M4 mess network to test for any changes.
Test one I connected to my main M4 mess network
- Live view okay pass
- motion Fail got four notifications for one motion and didn’t record that motion
- Ring of the door all okay.
Test two connected to my mess network via the guest network
- Live view delayed took a long time to connect Fail
- Motion ** Fail** got four notifications for one motion and didn’t record that motion but only after five minutes after the event then got the good old four notifications
- Ring of door bell Fail didn’t get notification for couple minutes later then got four notifications for that event
For the Above tests, I had FAST roaming turned on all the time.
Please can ring tech team update this tread once a fix is found.
As running two WIFI networks is not right.