Ring VD 2 Issues with Battery Insertion

I currently have a Ring Video Doorbell 2 running only on battery power, and I replace the battery every few months or so. Recently (its ~2.5 years old at this point), I’ve noticed that the doorbell goes offline for no reason, and when I go to investigate, it seems that there is something wrong between the doorbell unit itself and the battery that plugs into it.

Getting another battery to test, it does the same thing. I have to insert it multiple times, using a lot of force, in order to get the pulsing blue lights to light up (signaling that it’s turning on). However, it’s still fragile, and after a few days or if someone pushes the doorbell, it can shut off again, presumably because the pins have lost contact with the battery. It seems to be a hardware issue to me (not a software one).

I’m out of warranty, so I don’t think I’ll get a replacement, but has anyone else experienced this, and what should I try to do to fix this?

HI @rnimuf. Our warranty can be found here. Keep in mind, if you are subscribed to the Ring Protect Plus Plan, you have an extended warranty. Feel free to reach out to our support team to see what can be done about your Ring Doorbell. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.