Ring updates to E2EE?

Hey neighbors. At this time, I don’t have an update for you. Our team is actively working on this concern and when we have a solution for this issue, I’ll be sure to update this thread. Thank you for your patience.

So, Ring still hasn’t fixed this problem, and I’m beginning to wonder if they ever will. For those of you out there who feel the same, have you started looking into alternative security cameras that can provide reliable end-to-end encryption? If so, what have you found? I’m tired of waiting for Ring to fix this problem, so I’d like to start entertaining other options. I’ve already done some research on my own, but I’m curious to know what you all have found, and if any of you may have already made a switch to a competing product.

Making my obligatory post to keep this thread alive.

Ring, any updates on this issue? It’s been radio silence for quite a while, now. How hard can it be to fix this problem?

Just signed up to the support forum after having trouble getting my indoor cam 2nd gen working on E2EE and am furious to realize that E2EE is in such a bad state.

Support webpages do not do a good job of delineating which devices support e2ee.

I just utilized their Black Friday sale but will be returning my indoor and 2 outdoor cameras if E2EE support is as broken as you all state.

@Justin_Ring @Tom_Ring E2EE has been down for over six weeks at this point. My company utilizes cameras across multiple properties in different cities. This has been incredibly frustrating to have to waste staff time to go and remove the encryption (which requires re-initializing the camera on site) because when you try to do it remotely it gives an error message every time (yet another Ring bug). You should not advertise E2EE, get people to purchase your products and then break the feature and refuse to fix it. I think this kind of behavior is what gets you in class-action lawsuit danger for deceptive practices. If you’re not going to fix this nor maintain E2EE in any acceptable fashion or time frame, are you willing to reimburse us for all the Ring devices we’ve installed at our properties, including the labor for set up, fixing and removal? Our company is not willing to use your product unless it’s E2EE. We selected Ring because of that capability and specifically only purchased your devices that were compatible. This feels like a scam and certainly not what a company such as Ring/Amazon should consider acceptable business practices. And you should not mark this issue as “solved” when it clearly is not. To all the Ring customers reading this: they are clearly not taking this concern seriously and may even be doing it intentionally to eliminate this feature. I recommend that all of you post a comment so that they know it’s important and move it to the top of the list.

I think it goes without saying that E2EE users are beyond frustrated with the time it is taking to resolve this issue. The reality is that very few Ring users utilize this feature and so it has likely been moved to a lessor priority internally. However, I don’t think it’s anything malicious on Ring’s part in terms of intentionally disabling the feature with the aim of discontinuing it and not being straight forward with customers about that. Honesty, I was never under any illusions that Ring was going to fix this in a timely manner (if at all), but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating.

The last Ring update on this thread was on Nov 1st. My Ring Protect Plan is up for renewal next month and if this is not resolved by then, I will not be renewing.

Hi neighbors. This concern has now been resolved, and your Live View should be working with E2EE normally. Again, we appreciate your time and patience. If you are still having issues with E2EE, please give our support team a call for assistance.

The fix did not resolve the issue in my case. Live view still not showing on devices enrolled in E2EE.

This issue has not been fixed. 7 cameras utilizing E2EE are all unable to connect to LiveView. When disenrolled from E2EE they connect. When reenrolled, they no longer work. I’ve rebooted my devices, removed and reinstalled, changed wifi connections, the works. LiveView or camera capture does not work with E2EE as of 12/9/23.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.