Ring stick up not working at night

Having bought a van I thought I’d get the ring stick up camera to keep an eye on it out front at night , daytime it works fine, picks up person only etc , night time it’s rubbish , won’t work in person detect even with sensitivity turned right up , only way it works is if I switch it to pick up every motion , then it goes mad , picks up bushes moving in the wind, even steam coming from my boiler flue , it’s up high enough to be away from vandals etc but I don’t think to high, 3m or so?? Infra red lights are on … I can stand a jump in front of it in person detect, nothing , in all motion , light comes on and works straight away
And who in ring decided a 90 degree jack plug would be a good idea for a camera that needs plugging in inside your house!! Meaning a 35mm hole would have to be drilled … upon asking ring about this they claim it should be plugged into an outdoor socket lmfao , very good so the burglar can just unplug it lmao lol

Hi @Adamshack. f your Motion Detection is not working as it should during the night, try these additional steps:

• Place your Camera in a different location. At times, certain environmental factors can negatively affect the Cameras Motion Detection.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.