Ring stick up cam motion with black screen video

I have a ring stick up cam and I had an odd situation yesterday. I had three motion alerts, but only the first and the last alert have the video available. The second alert recorded a video with a black screen, no audio. I know the event, what went wrong? Video transcoding issues?

2 Likes

The same happens with my cameras far too often. Have you received any instructions how to solve the problem?

Hi there, neighbors! Video concerns are often related to connection factors. The best first step will be to check your wifi signal strength or device health RSSI in the Ring app. As this only happened with 1 video, and that video was the middle video, please check the video timing prior and after. If these videos are all very close in timing and also were answered live, it is possible that your prior or following video captured the event.

After some time, feel free to check your videos again to ensure they are playing as intended. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: