Ring Stick Up Cam Died

I have a Ring Stck Up Cam (wired version). It’s about a month old. I relaized yesterday that it stopped sending me motion notifications. Checked the app and noticed that it’s been a few days since the last notification. I then checked the cam and it had no power. Tried different outlets and same issue. What can I do to troubleshoot this? I only have this 1 cam so I do not have a different power supply to try and since it’s wired there’s no battery to test with. Thanks!

Hi @P-Du. Could you try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds? After this, see if the device can power on for you. In the event it still seems dead and with no sign of life, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes!