Ring Stick Up Cam battery motion problem

Hello I have a problem with my ring stick up cam that I placed outdoors. I have just recently purchased it 2 days ago and i believe that the motion sensor is not working properly! Sometimes it senses someone walking and sometimes it doesn’t ! This is quite disappointing as I already have a ring door bell that works really well which is what helped to buy the stick up cam. Please help me find solution on this issue.

P.S I have changed the settings to the highest sensitivity.

Thanks

Hi @Ahmadsandouka! In addition to maximizing your motion zones/ sensitivity, please also check on features such as People Only Mode and Motion Verification. I recommend also checking Motion Frequency, if your camera is batter powered. After you’ve checked all motion settings, it is good to also check on wifi signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have a similar issue. My battery cam is set to high sensitivity, frequent motion detection, with person only switched off. I’m still finding that it misses motion. I see motion detection recording when a person is at my door or when they have left my driveway. No recording prior to that. The cam also frequently misses motion when a car parked in my drive, in front of the camera, reverses out. Does the cam only detect motion going across the cam?