Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Ring Spotlight Pro Wifi & Lights Issues
solar-panel
solar-security-cameras
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
Hello, I've been having a lot of weird issues lately with my Ring Spotlight Pro camera where I'm constantly having WiFi issues and the floodlights are constantly going off throughout the night without the motion detection. WiFi: Within the App I keep getting messages in the recording like "This event did not record correctly - You may need to adjust settings on your WiFi router" and occasionally I see a "Low WiFi" icon for this camera. It's connected to the Chime Pro in a pretty close proximity. Within the Placement Test of the Chime Pro it's showing a full signal with "Good Connection" for the camera, and if I also connect it directly to my WiFi router it's also showing it as a good connection. None of the other cameras do this, and they are also placed further away. If I go into the Device Health and reboot the camera it gets rid of this message as it's obviously got a good connection. Any idea what's causing this and how I can fix it? I purchased the Chime Pro separately hoping this would resolve the WiFi issues, but it's exactly the same. Lights: For some reason the lights keep going off every few minutes when there is no motion. This causes my Spotlight Cam Pro to drain most of the battery over night. I have updated the motion zones, and removed any obstacles (solar lights etc.) but it continues to randomly go off for no apparent reason. Any idea what's causing the lights to go off all the time? My setup includes 2 Spotlight Cameras, 1 Spotlight Pro Camera, 1 Ring Doorbell and 1 Ring Chime Pro. None of my other Ring devices have any issues and they are working perfectly, but for some reason this one "Spotlight Pro" camera has a ton of issues. Are these issues known? I feel like the firmware (which is up to date) for these new cameras has a lot of bugs. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

10-08-2023 04:15:59

Responses (3)

C
Hi @mdavis237. A reboot is a good troubleshooting step to take. I'd also recommend performing a full reset of your Spotlight Cam Pro by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After the reset is done, walk your Spotlight Cam Pro through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Make sure you adjust the settings to your preferences, and ensure the connection looks strong. If these issues with the light coming on frequently persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus) to take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

11-08-2023 06:58:44

U
It is my understanding, if one has Spectrum, the Ring Pro won’t connect. They told me they are working on it with engineers. Mine went offline and they sent me a new one and it is doing the same thing ( won’t connect) it is something with Spectrum.

03-12-2023 10:53:01

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

02-01-2024 10:53:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User