Ring spotlight does not read the battery charge propely

Hello,
Our spotlight cam no longer reads the charge of the batteries, both batteries drop from 100% to 6% overnight, we replaced the batteries with 2 fully charged
status charge did not change, still at 6%. If anybody knows what is going on and how to fix it we would much appreciate it. Current temperature is 20F.
Thanks!

You are likely at or close to the low temperature that the batteries can function properly.
Also, the app can take a full day to update the battery percent in the app. So if you replaced batteries today, wait until tomorrow to check their level.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time! The cam ususally works up to minus 12 celsius, it’s been -8 celsius for several hours……….I guess we’ll see tomorrow….:crossed_fingers:t2:

Stay well!

I should add that we had to change batteries many times so far this winter and everytime until today the correct charge would be displayed as soon we closed the batteries compartment……

Good morning! What do you know you were right, the cam is back!Weird considering it’s been a bit warmer…Anyway i wanted to say thank you again!

Stay well!

1 Like