Ring spotlight camera doesn't recognize the battery even after reset

I have an older ring spotlight camera. After some heavy rain, I charged my batteries but the camera doesn’t recognize the fully loaded batteries anymore. I am getting this red light in the battery compartment. The batteries are fully charged and I even tried a brand new charged battery. I already did the reset and all this but nothing seems to help. I also have the camera already since over a week in the house in case there is moisture in it from the rain. I am trying to get help or somewhere instructions how to take the camera apart. There is no warranty on this camera anymore but it would be a shame to lose it. I have a total of 6 cameras for different locations and never had a problem like this.

Hi @user38796. A solid red light inside the battery compartment indicates that the battery has been properly inserted. When charging the battery, make sure to leave it plugged in until only a solid green LED is lit, which means the battery is fully charged. Insert the fully charged battery firmly into the battery hatch, then hold down the setup button for 20 seconds to complete a reset. From here, follow the prompts under Set Up a Device in the Ring app to take your Spotlight Cam through a new setup.

If the Camera is unresponsive after trying the troubleshooting steps above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

They’re junk, im having the same problems and none of their suggestions help. I’m about to throw it into the wall.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.