Ring spotlight cam won’t work

I have fully charged the battery that went dead in the unit. The unit will not turn on again and the light does not flash.
Our other battery (fully charged from another spotlight cam) does power our other unit but will not power this unit. The dead battery (now charged) will not power our working unit.

I have tried the 20 second reset method and followed all instructions through the app and other Ring approved forums.

Any advice?? Thanks

Hi @user35540. If you’ve reset the device, tried different batteries, and the device is still completely unresponsive, you’ll need to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This now happens to me since this episode and the only way I can get the Spotlight Cam to get back working is the following steps:

1. Open the battery compartment, check there’s a red light on the underside of the battery.
  2. Close battery compartment…lights underneath should flash blue & white rapidly.
  3. Wait until these lights go off…and then press the button on top…holding down for about five/six seconds. This should bring the slowly blinking white light on…and enable you to reconnect the Spotlight cam to Wifi.

**At least this is the workaround I have to adopt six times a day to get my cam back online.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.