Ring Spotlight Cam Wired stopped working

We were away for a time & noticed on the app the last time the camera worked/was connected to the internet was in early December. When we got home this week & tried to reset the camera (all those weeks it didn’t work & there’s no way to reset it remotely) it seems dead. No lights, pressing the button does nothing.
Before we left it was fine. It wasn’t moved, nothing fell on it & was in the same condition when we left, it just stopped working.
Our power was never out while we were gone either. Any ideas?

Hi @Dwolf. That shouldn’t happen, especially if there were no interruptions to power or wifi. Check that the power cable is securely plugged in both at the outlet and on the Camera itself. Then, try holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds to initiate a full reset If the Spotlight Cam still isn’t responsive, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

How was this resolved. I have two cameras that have died.

One after a power outage the light stays green but won’t reset and the second continues to work but now months later died and will not do anything when pressing the reset.

Both are wired not connected to a plug or switch the electrician connected them directly to power.

Any ideas as it took two views away from my property and feel a little vulnerable with an elderly parent home alone.

Hi @user45610. I’m not sure which model of Ring Security Camera you have, but it’s always important to verify that they are properly installed and receiving sufficient power. You can find a quick comparison of each Security Camera model here to reference the appropriate power option for each one.

After confirming your device is sufficiently powered, you can attempt a reset by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. If the Camera doesn’t respond to that, the next step would be to follow up with our support team for further troubleshooting assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.