Ring spotlight cam not charging unless solar unplugged and replugged

I have a spotlight cam that when I unplugged and replugged the solar panel it will start charging and it will say in the app “A ring solar accessory is connected and able to charge this device”. As soon as nighttime comes it will change and just say “connected” and stay like that and not charge the battery unless I go out again and unplug and replug the solar panel. To clarify it will stay saying “connected” until the batteries die unless I unplug and replug the solar panel.

Hi @Guili. I would attempt a reset of your Spotlight Cam. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing it. Once you reconfigure the device, it should remain in a charging state. Let me know if this helps!

Thank you! I’ve done that multiple times and same thing. Goes back to charging and then when night comes it goes to saying “connected” and not charging until the batteries drain.

Hi @Guili. Thank you for trying that troubleshooting step. Since you’ve tried this to no avail, I suggest reaching out to our support team. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Unfortunately, I have a new spotlight cam pro that is doing the exact same thing.