Like the topic says, after a battery swap one of my spotlight cams has been blinking blue and white no matter what I do. I’ve tried hard resetting it, taking it through the initial setup process, but it wonr even show on my wifi again. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I have the same problem. I dont know what to do now. So mad and feel like I wasted my money on rings
Hey neighbors! At this time, if your Spotlight Camera will not reconnect or complete a setup, please attempt the following:
- Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged (if you have two), or has been charging for several hours.
- Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
- Press the setup button on the Cam and complete the setup in the Ring app.
- If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable VPN, and have your wifi router close to your Camera (if possible). You can also see if you can set up the device on another Ring app on another phone you can log into.
- If lights do not indicate setup mode on the Spotlight Cam, or setup is not completing, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and try the setup again.
If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.