Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Ring Spotlight Cam (Battery) suddenly stopped detecting motion
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

We have had our Ring Spotlight Cam in place for at least 3 years now. It all of a sudden stopped detecting motion. No settings were changed- it just stopped working. One battery was at 80% and one was at XXXX% when it stopped working.

• We can click live view, but that is all
  • We added and removed all motion zones
    -We turned up sensitivity to max
    -We’ve checked all motion settings, all are correct
  • We’ve rebooted the device dozens of times
    -We’ve removed, charged, and replaced the batteries multiple times
    -We have reset the WiFi
    -We have even completed a couple of hard resets by holding down the button on the top of the camera.
  • I feel we have exhausted all options!
    I’m afraid our camera has lost the ability to detect motion- rendering it completely useless. Any guidance would be appreciated!

10-02-2024 02:28:01

Responses (1)

T

Hi @user76900. Thank you for listing all the steps you’ve taken. You’ve attempted all of the troubleshooting steps I would recommend. I suggest reaching out to our support team to take a closer look at this cocnern. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Please follow up and let me know what they were able to find.

12-02-2024 05:09:45

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User