Ring second generation only picks up when someone is right at the door or leaving

I am beyond frustrated. I bought the ring doorbell to catch people delivering packages or coming to the door. I have a porch with three steps. I bought the wedge installed it at the correct 48 in and no matter what after testing it many hours it only gets me right at the first step or even at the door. I should be able to seeing the person coming from the lawn and then up the steps. I even Milton enter frontline’s to see if that would change anything and it does not. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this a known problem? Sometimes my other camera that I have at a different location pics of delivery people when the ring does not. And it seems the delivery people know the rings weakness and they stand away from the steps and toss the package on the porch and the ring does not see it.

Hey @Grimes1. Happy to help here! Could you share us a picture of what your Live View looks like with the way it is installed, as well as confirm how you have your Motion Zones and Motion Frequency settings set to? Also, what kind of Doorbell do you have?

Here are my motion zones. I have everything on highest settings and the ring second generation.

@Grimes1 Thank you so much for that picture! Do you have any settings like Motion Verification or People Only Mode turned on? You can verify this under your Motion Settings and/or your Smart Alert settings from the Doorbell’s profile page under Devices. In addition, could you try changing your Motion Frequency settings under Motion Settings to Frequent to see if this helps as well?

I have my emotions set to high-frequency high-sensitivity and people only mode. However I do look at the motion. It only gets people when they are almost at the door never the lawn. I used to have motion verification on and the results were not good so I turned it off

@Grimes1 Thanks for getting back to me and confirming this! Do you mind getting in touch with our support team on this concern to see if they can look more into this to help optimize your motion settings and ensure there is nothing wrong with the device? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: