Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
G
Ring roor bell2 Live View problem - but not on Echo Show devices
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
I have a Ring Doorbell 2 which has been in place for almost 3 years. In the last few weeks I cannot get Live View on my phone, tablet or PC. If it comes on at all, it switches itself off after 1 second. However, Live View to work perfectly on my Echo Show devices. I have sought help from Ring support, and re-booted the door bell several times to no avail. The doorbell is hard-wired so battery power is not a problem. The Echo Show deives are on the same wi-fi network as the PC, and tablet. Any thoughts?

11-02-2021 03:30:26

Responses (3)

M
Hi there, @Geoffrey777! What kind of mobile device are you using with the Ring app? Please ensure there is not a vpn enable on either mobile device or PC when trying to live view. As a test, try disconnecting your Echo Show from the wifi, while also removing your Ring Camera from the Echo Show in the alexa app. Next, try a live view without your Echo show connected, then reconnect the Echo show and link the Camera again to see if this works as intended. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :)

11-02-2021 09:53:38

G
I have the Ring app on my Samsung S10 phone, and on my Amazon Fire table and Live View does not work on them; Live View also does not work on my Windows 10 laptop. I cannot get Live View to work on these devices for more than 1 second, if at all. Live View works fine on the Echo Show 8 and the Echo Show 5. I have tried disabling the Echo Show devices, and still Live View does not work on the phone or tablet.

19-02-2021 02:42:33

M
Thank you for confirming these details, @Geoffrey777! As live view is working as intended on your Echo Show devices, this is a great sign that the Ring device is connecting and communicating with your network. As disabling the Echo Shows did not help, this likely means that bandwidth or number of connected devices to your network was not the issue. Just in case, our [Community post about RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) has many tips for optimizing wifi signal strength. although, live view is not working on multiple mobile devices, let's focus on getting it to work on the Android. Please ensure there are not any [Android apps that might conflict with the Ring app](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005889983-Android-Apps-that-Conflict-with-the-Ring-App). Next, try live view with your phone connected to wifi only, and then also on cellular data only, to see if one connection is better. I recommend also trying out the Rapid Ring app, as it is designed for the quickest access to live view. I hope this helps! :)

19-02-2021 04:14:06

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User