Plugging in the Alarm keypad is cumbersome and ugly, so If you’re doing a retrofit, consider this trick for installing your Alarm keypad.
- Remove the old keypad, which is likely hardwired to your old alarm box’s keypad terminals.
- Move those wires, in the old alarm box, from ‘keypad output’ to the ‘12V output’ terminals.
- Now those wires are outputting 12V DC to what was the old keypad location.
- Connect those wires, at the old keypad location, to this 12V to 5V adapter.
- The adapter has a micro USB output and will connect directly to the new Ring Keypad.
6 Push the adapter behind the wall and you’ll have a beautiful standalone keypad on the wall.
Voila! Your new keypad is hard-wired for auto charging - without using the ugly external keypad plug!