Ring rejecting legitimate posts

A couple of nights ago, at a little after 1am, an old truck started driving to the end of my dead end street, the drove by my house 3 times, then backed up and sat in front of my driveway. They started taking pictures of my house, driveway, and side entrance. This is the second time they have done so, and I decided that I should make a post to warn others.

Apparently Ring does not consider casing a house at after 1am, and taking unauthorized pictures of my property to be a valid security concern.

My posts have been continuously rejected even after appeal, is this typical behavior from Ring? If so, it sounds like it might be a good idea to start looking at alternative systems. I’m not comfortable using a product that recently had a mass outage and now appears to be protecting illegal activity in the early hours of the morning.

Neighbors have had things stolen from their yards, vehicles and garages constantly in the last couple of weeks - and these guys are likely the same group going house to house. This could have been prevented if I was able to post details and communicate with the neighbors app, but that no longer appears to be an option.

2 Likes

Seems that way unfortunately, it makes it extremely difficult to deter this group from pillaging the neighborhood since none of us can communicate when we see them casing houses. It was convenient to be able to share videos directly from the app. I’ll have to download them and edit them to upload elsewhere.

2 Likes

We had this happen and it was a private investigator.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. The Community team here does not have any control over what posts are and are not allowed on the Neighbors app. For reference, you can find the Neighbors Guidelines in our Help Center article here. Any posts that do not meet those guidelines, may be removed by the Neighbors moderation team. If you feel your post was possibly removed in accident, you can reply to the email you received about it to inquire for more information. If you do not see this email, please reach out to communityalerts@cs.ring.com to further support.

1 Like

I’m relieved to see that I’m not the only person having issues with posting relevant and crucial alerts to neighbors, however it is extremely concerning that Ring continues to avoid addressing this unanimous safety concern.
How can we (as Ring customers) get in touch with the “Neighbors Moderation Team”, since the Community Team cannot provide assistance here? I haven’t received any emails regarding my 3 denials and appeals.

1 Like

Hi @neighbor333. Please make sure to check all junk and spam folders for the automatic email that is sent when a Neighbors post is denied or removed. If you cannot find this email, you can reach out at communityalerts@cs.ring.com for further clarification from the Neighbors team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.