Ring Pro video filter not working

I had a bunch of videos on the app labeled as favorite, but since a week or so ago, the app won’t show them when I try to use the filter to find them.
The filter result will show nothing under favorite, but i can see the star next to the videos when I scroll down the all history list.
I tried sign in/sing out, uninstalled/ installed, on/off phones and clear cache, but nothing is working.
Even try that on the website and it is still not working.
Also seems like recently, video will get stuck when playing on timeline, and most are likely to have “end to end encryption” noted in the history list section.
Anyone having the same problem?
Please help

Hi there, @K-Cali! Thank you for this detailed feedback. This matter should certainly get a closer look and is best brought up to our support team. This will allow our teams to investigate and notate more in-depth.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.