Ring Pro very hot with plug in adapter

I was told this is a known issue and its no big deal but the back of
My Pro is getting VERY hot . Tried 2 different units both getting boiling hot enough to actually hurt my skin

Hey @HeidSa. It’s possible the power being supplied from the outlet for the Plug-In Adapter may be putting out too much power. Regardless, I strongly urge you to contact our support team directly about this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The Ring adapter is putting out 25 volts which is what is supposed to . I ckntacted team twice and they claim its normal

Hey @HeidSa, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. I would definitely recommend reaching back out to our support team as your Ring should not be getting as hot as you’re describing. When you do reach out to support, feel free to reference this Community thread with them.

I have spoke to them twice. She said its a known issue. She looked at the internal temperature and said it was within normal. I changed the unit out and the same thing happened.