Ring Pro Transformer Humming Noise

Installed a Ring Pro, with the included transformer (UK) and Power Kit V2 in my hall way.

The transformer is emitting a low level hum sound. You can only hear it when there’s silence but I can’t ignore it, making me still notice it. I also believe it is causing me headaches due to the electrical fields but I could be wrong.

Under Doorbell Kit Settings in the App, the option is set to none because it’s not connected to a chime box. Voltage reading is Very Good 4022 mV.

Is this normal for the transformer to do this? or should I raise a ticket for a exchange.

Thanks

Glad you asked @MTrials! This is certainly an odd behavior to hear of. While a low frequency hum is actually normal in many powered or even radio wave emitting devices, it shouldn’t be loud enough to cause a distraction in your home. Feel free to inquire with our support team by phone for a better look and potential swap, if needed.

Another possibility is the need to explore the electric panel or wiring there. If this is the case, we recommend consulting with a licensed electrician.

To reach out support team, please give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the reply!

Contacted support and were extremely helpful. It’s now be escalated.

1 Like

Hi did you get a resolution to this. Just had mine installed and its doing the same. Thanks.

Hi, got same issue - did you get this fixed ? Apologies old post

Looks like I stumbled across my own post! Never got a notification regarding any replies.

Honestly, support were great. Received a new transformer and Power Kit (to rule that out) but haven’t got around to installing it due to everything else that’s going on at the moment. I needed a running device and didn’t want to interrupt this in anyway…

While the noise is still audioble. I don’t notice it anymore, so I must of got used to the sound. One day I really should get it changed over but looks like I’ve learned to live with it.

Sorry this doesn’t really help but in the long run it might :slight_smile:

1 Like